Best places for shopping in Delhi
Delhi is the capital of India. People from all over the world gather here for various purposes, it can be job, business, medical treatment, education, tourism etc. It is a big city with a lot of unique shopping places which attracts tourists and one can buy excellent cheap items. I would like to share some of the best places in Delhi wherein we can do shopping.
1. Connaught Place (CP) – If you wish to go for branded shopping, it is one of the best places to try, it majorly consists of chain of luxurious malls and branded retail outlet, located very near to each other.
2. Dilli Haat- If you wish to buy traditional handicrafts items along with tasty food, you should give it a go, it is a complete open air market.
3. Chandni Chowk- If you wish to shop items at reasonable rate, it is great place to visit, and the items are not costly as Connaught place. Chandni Chowk is famous for wedding lehengas, sherwani, suits, ornaments and jewellery, traditional shoes which can easily be purchased at ballimaran.
4. Greater Kailash- Greater Kailash market consists of two shopping areas, M-Block and N-Block. It is famous for street food-corners, showrooms and local outlets for shopping in Delhi. The market remains closed on Tuesday.
5. Palika Bazar- The place is next to Connaught place and New Delhi railway station, it is a under -ground market and completely air conditioned, if someone wants to buy electronic good and latest fashion clothes at a cheap rate, it is a good option to go for shopping. Note- The art of bargaining is very decisive, if you are shopping in Palika Bazar.
6. Sarojini Nagar- The market is neat, clean and named after the famous personality of India that is Sarojini Naidu, it is a shopping paradise specially for girls, women’s and college going youngsters. Fashionable clothes can be easily purchased at a cheap discounted rate, if we do some bargaining.
7. Lajpat Nagar - The market is located in southern part of Delhi and closed on Monday, it is famous market for women’s shopping. If you wish to buy accessories, kurtis, bags, purses, sarees and chickan embroidery work clothes, it is one of the best options to try. Once again make sure to do bargaining while shopping.
8. Daryaganj - It is situated in old Delhi and famous for books shop. Sunday book market as the name denote only opens on Sunday and it’s a very long market, the market get opened at 9:30 A.M. We can easily purchase all types of book in Daryaganj at a reasonable price. The place is very near to Chawri Bazar and Chandni Chowk.
By Abhishek Jalan
Blogger at - https://dadishopping.blogspot.com