Importance of Skin care in winter season for human beings
Beautiful glowing fresh and dirt free skin is a gift of god. We all desire to look pretty with perfect clothing and attractive figure which can never be fulfilled without beautiful glowing skin. It does not matter, if we have dusky or fair appearance, every color has its own significance.
Skin plays a vital role in overall personality of human being. Most of the people have major skin flaw like excessive oil, dryness, pimples, wrinkles etc which impacts the overall appearance specially when we are appearing for interview, delivering presentation, attending parties and marriage ceremonies Therefore, it is essential that we start taking care of the skin at an early age which would last for entire life.
On a microscopic level skin has different layers, generally we consider only three layers that is epidermis, dermis and the subcutaneous tissue. The epidermis layer is made up of 5 different layers within itself which gives us a total of 7 layers.
Now the actual question that must be coming in our mind is how we should take care of our skin in winter. In winter, our skin becomes dry due to chilly weather and blowing of wind outside make our skin dry and itchy.
Below are the various steps during winter season to keep our skin healthy:
- Steam or hot Shower Bath lasting for a 5 minute span or less.
- Wearing proper cloth to avoid prolonged exposure to cold and chilly winds.
- Consuming proper diet which includes healthy monounsaturated fats, omega- 3 fatty acids such as nuts, olive oils etc and foods containing vitamin C.
- In winter we generally do not drink much water but we should know its importance, drinking water in cold season is equally important as in summer, it helps us stay hydrated and keep our tummy clean, the best time to consume water is early in the morning on empty stomach.
- Using proper moisturizer and body lotions.
- Daily exercise including yoga which relax our mind, blood pressure , sugar level and ultimately leads to glowing skin.Avoid oily and spicy foods to avoid pimples and oil secretion in skin.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods to avoid pimples and oil secretion in skin.